Performance Physical Therapy
Our physical performance center is progressing the intelligence behind sports rehabilitation, engineering game plans to rebuild athletes and upgrade their performance.
- Sports Rehab
- Orthopedic & Post-Operation
- Work Injury Rehab
Our 15,000 sq. ft. physical performance center allows us to design detailed work conditioning programs for injured workers in the North Puget Sound region, restoring functional abilities & general fitness.
- Functional Strength & Flexibility
- Cardiovascular Fitness
- Lifting Mechanics
The goal of the Work Hardening program is to assist clients in regaining their physical capacity and functional tolerances to return to work. Successful completion of the program will assist with case resolution.
- Tailored Treatment plans
- Weekly Progress Reports
- Functional Strength Education & Exercises
As Occupational Therapists, we assist children with activities including dressing, feeding, handwriting, strength, coordination, sensory processing, and attention.
Sports Performance Training
The best in integrated support from sports-healthcare specialists all under one roof, building & rebuilding athletes to maximize their potential.
- Engineered Sports: Matrix Athletix Training System
- Injury Prevention Training
- Adult-Sport Conditioning
Tactical Performance Training
As a tactical professional, the physical demands on your body can be tremendous. At any moment you can be placed in a dangerous or life threatening situation that challenges your strength, agility and stamina.
- Firefighter – First Responder
- Law Enforcement
- Military Personnel
Therapeutic massage can quicken the recovery of various injuries, help prevent new ones, and reduce overall stress and tension in the body. At Engineered Sports, whether you are already receiving treatment from our facility or not, starting massage therapy may be a great option for you.
As a leader in proactive health in the Puget Sound region, we offer internships and mentorships to motivated sports-healthcare professionals looking upgrade their knowledge in human performance.
- PT, PTA, ATC – Student Internships
- Exercise Science and CSCS Internships
- Performance Mentorships
OUR SPECIALTY SERVICES
Our physical performance center supports the Everett Silvertips hockey team with our integrated performance training, physical therapy and nutrition services, working with the coaches and staff to create a unified approach to improve player performance.
We are honored to provide the elite athletes and sport-clubs throughout the region with the most advanced and integrated technology available so they can upgrade and fine-tune their performances.
We approach these challenges with the greatest respect and humility, and acknowledge the responsibility to help fulfill the mission of our teams and the individual athletes so they can consistently achieve the highest levels of performance.
As a former player and current coach with the Everett Silvertips, I understand the importance of investing in your players’ development. Engineered Sports has brought the knowledge, expertise, and specialization to our organization. It was the perfect choice.
—Mitch Love, Everett Silvertips
“All concussions are serious. Don’t hide it, report it.”
As a local leader in integrating physical therapy, sport performance and nutrition education,Engineered Sports Therapy has taken the lead in the community to ensure that our athletes are receiving the best care possible in concussion management and brain injuries. Engineered Sports Therapy’s concussion specialist, Bob Hamre, ATC, CSCS, has dedicated a large portion of his career in researching concussions and mentoring under some of the most renowned concussion doctors in the world. We are fortunate to have Bob Hamre and other strategic partners like Axon Sports, so that we can continue to ensure that our athletes are receiving the best care possible in our physical performance center, and continue to lead the way in educating our local schools, coaches and parents.
Engineered Sports Therapy has a Sports Concussion Management Program that consists of 5 phases:
- Baseline Testing: We offer neurocognitive baseline testing for our athletes. This allows our concussion specialist to better assess our athletes if we, a coach or a parent suspects a concussion.
- Evaluation: Our concussion specialist performs comprehensive testing and evaluation of an athlete to determine if a concussion has occurred. If so, we then refer our athletes to one of our sports medicine doctors that specialize in brain injuries and concussions for further testing.
- Concussion Management & Re-Testing: If a concussion has occurred, we then follow up with our athletes on a regular basis until the concussion symptoms have completely resolved. This includes computer testing, balance testing, education and other specialized training that help the athlete recover safely and return to sports without risk of further damage to the brain.
- Return To Play: Once our concussion specialist feels the athlete is ready to return to play, we coordinate with the medical doctor for clearance on returning to their sport. We then continue monitor the athlete for a specified period of time to ensure that there are no returning symptoms or signs of lingering concussion.
- Documentation: At Engineered Sports Therapy, we keep all of our athlete’s concussion history on record. So if there are any future concussions we can help coordinate care of the athlete and facilitate communication on past injuries with coaches, athletic trainers and parents to ensure optimal care, management and treatments as needed.
Remember, all concussions are serious. It’s better to miss one game than the whole season.
Medically-Oriented Performance Plan (M.P.P.)
RESULTS THAT LAST!
At Engineered Sports we are proud of our role and responsibility of being a leader and pioneer in the region when it comes to performance physical therapy, sports performance training, and most importantly, creating an environment that promotes wellness and healthy lifestyle choices.
In an effort to further engage our community and help people reach higher and achieve more in human performance, we have created a new platform and specialized service – the Engineered Sports Medically-Oriented Performance Plan (M.P.P.), a one-of- a-kind facility in the Puget Sound region. At Engineered Sports, the M.P.P. is about human performance. It is a multi-level training system that is designed and programmed by a Board-Certified Sports Physical Therapist engaging the proactive side of healthcare with actionable steps towards improving fitness, well-being, recovery, work performance, dietary habits and sleep patterns.
Many of our patients and clients have joined the M.P.P. for a variety of reasons, including:
- Clients that want to workout under the supervision of a Physical Therapist.
- Clients who have exhausted their insurance benefits for Physical Therapy.
- Clients whose insurance company has denied them Physical Therapy.
- Clients that want to be proactive when it comes to their health and well-being.
- Clients that are trying to bridge the gap between injury and returning to competition.
- Clients that are looking for guidance in home exercise routines.
- Clients looking for corrective exercises based on their movement dysfunctions.
Let’s face it. We have all been affected by the changing healthcare environment. Medical plan costs are on the rise. We are seeing a healthcare system that tends to be more reactive than proactive. It tends to be a one-size- fits-all rather than an individualized, tailored approach. But we all know better. We know that your health is vital to your daily life, routines and recreational activities. We know that you need affordable health plan options. We are here to give you the tools to take charge of your health.
Your journey and success along the way is personal. That is why at Engineered Sports we go beyond the traditional healthcare models by designing and delivering solutions that connect people to their health-related goals.
Call today to set up a time to take a tour of our facility and to learn more about how the M.P.C. at Engineered Sports can help support you in achieving a higher level of human performance. Come see how exercising in a medical environment will increase the likelihood of achieving results that last.
“A Lifestyle Overhaul Filled With Positive Changes.”
We want to help people achieve their goals. And we believe everyone deserves a training plan that’s customized for their needs and goals. At Engineered Sports, our Adult-Sport Conditioning program does just that with a customized mix of fitness, wellness, recovery and weight management. Our fitness coaches will help you go beyond what you imagined was possible.
At our physical performance center, the transformation begins on day one. You will be immersed in a supportive environment at each training session with habit-forming exercises that will improve your strength, endurance, energy levels and overall health, so that you can tackle the everyday challenges in daily life.
Adult-Sport Conditioning is more than just a great workout. It’s a lifestyle overhaul filled with positive changes. You are surrounded by a team of health professionals, including fitness coaches, physical therapists, massage therapists and nutrition specialist working closely together and collaborating on a daily basis to help ensure that you receive a customized plan and a customized experience.
At Engineered Sports, we leave no stone unturned when it comes to your health and performance goals. Our programs improve energy levels, reduced aches and pains, reduce fatigue, reduce injuries and improved sleep quality. We provide you with the tools so that you can take charge of your health.
To learn more about our performance facility or to find out what we do and why we do it, please call and set up a time to tour of our facility. Come learn why our results are lasting.